004 OWNERSHIP - Its Privileges…and Its Responsibilities
The Serenity Prayer gets tossed around a lot but there is definite wisdom in it.
“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
If you think long and hard on these words, the take-aways are simple.
- If you can change it, you must
- If you cannot, you must release it
- You cannot change what you are unwilling to own
- You need to define what those things are
Simple. Not easy.
Question - What problems or obstacles, that you can change, are you avoiding?
It was Spring of 2022, I left a job that was extremely unfulfilling.
- I had no other employment lined up
- I was overweight
- I was not getting paid near my value
- I used alcohol to cope
- I often “ate my feelings”
I was not fully using my natural gifts and talents and I was feeling a definite pull for something deeper, something greater, something more.
I needed to change to make that happen.
- I read a lot of books; up-leveled my thinking and my business skills
- I submitted for a role that I thought was out of my league…and got it
- I increased my earnings by 30%
- I got active again, stopped drinking to numb out and stopped eating food for entertainment
- I lost nearly 40 lbs
- I even stopped coloring my gray hair…but went back to brunette because I actually like it better (love your choices, folks!)
This Week’s Challenge
WHERE are you playing the victim?
WHERE are you refusing ownership so that you won’t be held accountable?
WHERE are you denying any accountability, even though you know you are partially, if not all the way, responsible?
WHAT is the actual cost to you and those around you?
By the way, I left that new, higher-paying job in the spring of 2023 because the role and responsibilities changed and no longer felt in alignment with my overall goals. I'm not sure what's next but I know what's driving my choices and that's half the battle.
I’ll keep you posted on how it goes…but I’m optimistic!
Ready to find out more about becoming a Resolute Woman?
Exclusive content for women ready for more.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.